According to Natural News, the FDA has approved a long list of dozens and dozens of “safe” food additives for animal feed, including several classes of antibiotics for growth promotion and feed efficiency (such as monensin), natural steroid hormones (including progesterone, testosterone and estradiol), synthetic steroid hormones (such as trenbolone, melengestrol acetate and zeranol) and other chemicals – designed to keep densely packed factory farm animals healthy enough to make it to slaughter, while gaining as much weight as possible to boost profits.
Just a few of the FDA-approved feed additives used in beef cattle, including a number of antibiotics: bacitracin zinc, bambermycins, chlortetracycline, erythromycin thiocyanate, lincomycin, monensin, oleandomycin, oxytetracycline, tylosin, virginiamycin, lasalocid sodium, salinomycin sodium, melengestrol acetate, monensin sodium and ractopamine hydrochloride.
One of the most controversial drug additives are the beta-agonists (also known as beta blockers) which target beta-adrenoceptors in the heart, muscles, lungs and other tissues, and generally interfere with stress hormones. They also allow for an amazing amount of lean muscle weight to be added to livestock in the final period before slaughter – about 30 pounds on average for beef cattle.
For more information, log onto:
Following are six basic guidelines that will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle:
• High-quality, organic, cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil: use on the skin as lotion; use as salad dressing; known to lessen risks of colon cancer and heart disease.
• Dark, organic chocolate: reduces stress; helps with depression; lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
• Organic garlic: helps fight coughs and colds; considered nature’s antibiotic; helps with digestion and intestinal problems.
• Organic cinnamon: antibacterial and antifungal; reduces proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
• Organic honey: helps you lose weight; nature’s energy booster; has antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
• Juice organic raw vegetables: a decent juicer costs less than $100.
To see some fascinating and interesting clips regarding the horrifying truth about the meat ingredients issue and more, one can easily log onto: